For many people, reaching for a cup of coffee is essential to starting the day right. Over 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed around the world everyday. Excluding water, this makes coffee the most consumed beverage in the world, right after tea. If you are obsessed about your cup of joe, these aromatic Coffee Bean Cookies will definitely delight you!
This recipe is super easy and the resulting cookies have a texture in between crunchy and melty. If you have kids, get them to help with the shaping of the cookies into coffee beans–they’ll have fun, promise!
Check out our first ever video below and comment if you would like to see more of such recipe videos!
COFFEE BEAN COOKIES
Makes 100 cookies
Recipe adapted from here
110 grams unsalted butter
60 grams powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon coffee emulco
Pinch of salt
4 grams of instant coffee powder, dissolved with 1 teaspoon of hot water
140 grams plain flour
40 grams cornflour
10 grams natural cocoa powder
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C. Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together till smooth. Add in the coffee emulco and mix till well combined.
3. Add in a pinch of salt and the dissolved coffee powder (ensure that it is cooled). Combine well.
4. Next, sift half the flour, cornflour and cocoa powder in. Fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Sift in the remaining dry ingredients and combine until you achieve a smooth dough.
5. Divide and roll the dough into 4 grams of oval-shaped balls. Using a knife or toothpick, make a slit in the middle of each cookie.
6. Bake at 150°C for 20-25 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack before consuming. These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.